Three Ways Consulting
Technology Consulting & Advisory Services
The value I can add to your organisation is my experience in building products and teams. I can work with you to provide actionable solutions to the challenges faced by your organisation in product development, platform development, adopting practices, and scaling technology teams.
I have mostly worked with startups and growth-stage companies. While I can work with companies at any scale, I am more effective in understanding and helping startups scale their product and engineering. I have the relevant experience to claim that I know how and when things fail in startups and that I have some knowledge of what works in startups.
Here is how we can work together:
- Technical Advisor - to support the leadership with a technical strategy. This is a low touch longer term engagement. This works well for companies that need a domain or technical expert for advise on how to deal with specific technology or organisational problems.
- DevOps Coach - I have a strong inclination towards DevOps and love spending time with teams who are looking to learn. I'd be happy to do a pro bono engagement where I can do a couple of sessions to coach and direct your engineering teams and leadership on architecture, engineering practices and culture. This works well to help a team struggling with moving fast and shipping high quality products or looking to become mature in their DevOps journey.
What I don't do:
- Hands-on software development - I am a developer with fluency in multiple technology stacks. I can write software actively but I can add a lot more value to your organisation in other capacities. I can help your teams build things from time to time by helping them architect and write code if necessary, but I would not like to be a full-time developer building software for you.
- Staffing - I am not a contractor who can provide engineers on demand. That’s not something I do or intend to do. However, if we are working together, I can try my best to make introductions with people who might be looking for opportunities or recruiters in my network who do that kind of work.
I have a decade of experience working as an engineer, manager and a technology leader. Most recently, I worked as VP Engineering (DevOps, Platform Engineering & Security) at Blinkit (formerly Grofers). Prior to that, I worked for Wingify. Read more about me here.
I have mostly worked with startups and scale ups (growth-stage) companies. While I can work with companies at any scale, I am more effective in understanding and helping startups scale their product and engineering.
The value I can add to your organisation is my experience in building products and teams from Zero-to-One or One-to-Ten. I can work with you to provide actionable solutions to the challenges your teams are facing in product development, platform engineering, engineering practices and ways-of-working, information security, compliance and scaling technology teams.
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership - technology strategy, technical debt prioritisation, compliance, goal setting (OKRs), mentorship, vendor management, career development
- Skills - agile, DevOps, SRE, CI/CD, scalability, web development, microservices, cloud engineering, cloud cost optimisation, platform engineering, cloud-native development