The value I can add to your organisation is my experience in building products and teams. I can work with you to provide actionable solutions to the challenges faced by your organisation in product development, platform development, adopting practices, and scaling technology teams.
I have mostly worked with startups and growth-stage companies. While I can work with companies at any scale, I am more effective in understanding and helping startups scale their product and engineering. I have the relevant experience to claim that I know how and when things fail in startups and that I have some knowledge of what works in startups.
I have expertise in:
- Leadership - technology strategy, technical debt prioritisation, compliance, goal setting (OKRs), mentorship, vendor management, career development
- Skills - agile, DevOps, SRE, CI/CD, scalability, web development, microservices, cloud engineering, platform engineering, cloud-native development
I can help you:
- Discover bottlenecks and most pressing challenges in software delivery
- Architect your technology and organisation for innovation
- Build and execute a technology strategy aligned with your business goals
- Scale your technology organisation by setting up practices, processes and structures
- Take your MVP off the ground
- Coach your teams to adopt engineering practices (such as DevOps, SRE, etc.) and become a high-performing team
- Adopt microservices the right way or help deal with microservices hell
- Develop and execute an agile testing strategy
- Architect for compliance and regulatory requirements
- Build a strategy for open-source community engagement and contributions
I can work as a:
- Consulting CTO
- Technical Architect
- DevOps Coach
- Technical Advisor
The kind of work I don’t engage in:
- Hands-on software development - I am a developer at heart and an experienced engineering leader. I can write software but that will probably not be even half the value of how I can contribute to your organisation in other capacities. I can help your teams build things from time to time by helping them architect and write code if necessary, but I would not like to be a full-time developer building software for you.
- Staffing - I am not a contractor who can provide engineers on demand. That’s not something I do or intend to do. However, if we are working together, I can try my best to make introductions with people in my network who do that kind of work.